Monday, February 22, 2010

Here's the story of a lovely lady...

...who was bringing up 3 boys of her own.


My friends call me Chupchake. I am 39, divorced after 16 years and now deliriously happily re-married and mother of 3 teenage boys.


I have kept journals on and off for years. I love writing, and for the most part am pretty good at it. I have found though, that I also possess a certain amount of A.D.D. and after a few weeks or months I forget to keep up with the journaling. This has become evident to me by the stacks of half finished journals that I have in my possession that all begin with..."I have kept journals on and off for years". Always with the promise that THIS will be the one that I keep up with. This blog will be no different. That's what blogs ARE essentially, online journals. So at this moment I have the intention of keeping up with this. That being said...if I should forget at some point, or get a new hobby, I apologize, but know that I really am very consistent at being inconsistent. = )


In 2006, I happily left my ex husband and decided that I really did want a better life for myself and my children. At the time I mostly just didn't want to be in a rage and pissed off all the time. But since then, I have made a lot of progress in the self improvement department. I managed to provide for myself and my children, comfortably, in the wake of my divorce for 2 years thanks mostly in part to an amazing job that I had as a bartender in a smoky, dirty, fun downtown Portland bar. During that time, I also fell in love with my one of my best friends. We had a dreamy, romantic wedding, moved in together and started thinking about being more sustainable homeowners. That has brought us a garden, some chickens and a much smaller ecological footprint. But along the way, I have become aware of some very big short comings, and I'm hoping that just blogging about them will help put them into perspective and maybe find some solutions. And I'd like to have a handle on them as I approach my 40th birthday in July.


No comments:

Post a Comment