Monday, February 22, 2010

Yep, I gave up drinking for Lent

I need to preface this by saying that I am not catholic or religious in any way. But I have always admired the conviction it takes to give up something you love or enjoy for 40 days for the sake of trying to move closer to God. Well my reason has less to do with God and more to do with personal conviction. I may have had a drink almost every day but I really do not believe that I have a "drinking problem". I have a bad habit. Having beer on tap at our house makes it too easy to enjoy a cold one as the day draws to a close. I really just needed a good reason to say "not today", so I figure Lent will give me 40 days or so to dry out and get out of the habit. It's day 6 without drinking. And it's very possible that this is the longest I've been without a drink in at least 5 years. I thought that it would be harder than it has been, but it has not been difficult at all. 34 more days will be a snap. Yay me.

No comments:

Post a Comment